Integrating with ChartMogul has never been easier
At ChartMogul, we want any subscription business to be able to integrate ChartMogul with maximum ease and minimum fuss. In some cases, this means building a suite of tools and plugins like our recently-updated Google Sheets app, which allows you to import data directly from a spreadsheet.
In other cases where ChartMogul users need to integrate directly with the platform, we have a suite of APIs to cover every aspect of functionality:
- Import API allows you to push your billing data to ChartMogul from anywhere, and start analyzing your subscription revenue.
- Enrichment API lets you push additional customer metadata to ChartMogul, for use with Segmentation.
- Metrics API gives you access to your SaaS metrics and analytics data – to put ChartMogul’s insights wherever is most valuable for your team.
These APIs form the basis of all integrations with ChartMogul, and as such are consumed and maintained by us, to reflect the functionality of the platform.
BUT, if you want a way to get going even faster with the ChartMogul APIs, we have something for you!
We recently launched a Ruby client library, for those of you building apps with Ruby.
Today, we’re happy to unveil our Node.js client library, for everyone using the Node environment.
The ChartMogul Node.js client
The Node client wraps up the complete functionality of all three ChartMogul APIs, giving you a single, abstracted way to interact with the ChartMogul platform. While you’ll always be able to communicate directly with each API, there are a number of benefits to using our client library:
- You don’t need to worry about handling raw API requests and responses.
- You can interact with ChartMogul using naming conventions that are on the same level as ChartMogul, i.e. Invoices, Plans, etc.
- You can get up and running much more quickly, and save developer time.
- The library will be maintained and updated to reflect new functionality as it’s launched.
The Node client library is fully open source. We’re encouraging the developer community to suggest improvements or raise issues, so that we can maintain the best possible implementation for you. Check out the project on GitHub if you want to have a look around.
Want to make use of the Node client library in your application? Great! To set up and install the library, check the GitHub project and its README file:
Full documentation and code examples for usage will soon be available on our Developer Hub very soon, but until then you can find everything you need, including a full list of supported methods, parameters and errors in the project’s README.
Can you make a client library for [X]?
The Node.js client is our second client library for the ChartMogul platform. We have plans for more plenty more languages and frameworks in the coming months. If you have something specific that would make your life easier when interacting with ChartMogul, let us know via email so we can prioritize accordingly.