“I think the table stakes have gone up in the sense that if in 2018 you’re not on top of these metrics, I’m less patient — there’s no excuse for not knowing this.”
After founding several internet businesses in the 90s and early 2000s, Christoph converted to a career in venture capital and made several early investments in companies such as Zendesk, FreeAgent and Geckoboard.
Today, Point Nine invests in early stage companies with a focus on SaaS and marketplaces. If you’re not a regular reader, make sure you check out the team’s excellent thought leadership content!
Topics covered in this episode
- What it takes for SaaS startups today to raise venture capital
- Whether you should aim to create a moat of defensibility
- How startups should be using data today
- Whether startups should aim to dominate a niche before expanding to wider market segments
- How Point Nine Capital is making fundraising suck less for founders
- Whether it’s possible for startups to shift from linear to exponential growth
Listen to the episode
As always, you can find this episode — along with all previous episodes — in your podcast player of choice. Just search for “SaaS Open Mic”. If you enjoy it, please take a moment to leave us a review, it’d really help us reach a wider audience. Thank you!